What is this blog?

This blog is for my progress on projects. These projects are mostly for GMod, but from time to time I shall venture.

Thursday, October 5, 2017

10/5/2017 - Dogfish ballast wagon, Class B Oil tanker progress.

First blog post:This is my first little blog post, hopefully it will be of use.
Since the last blog post (There isnt a last one) I have worked a lil' more the oil tanker, but most of the work has been hammering out the dogfish wagon





Dogfish Ballast Wagon:
Most of my focus has been on the dogfish wagon, surprisingly difficult is what it is. I have down to the rivet detail on it, and the next step is to get it ready for texturing.

What makes it difficult?
Proportions. Proportions are the hardest damned thing for me when modeling, and the dogfish shows that. Not only do I have to deal with no knowledge on many of the sizes and lengths involved, I have to deal with slopes involved in the wagon, as well as tiny details that add to it.

To compound the issue, I have no good visible images of the underneath of the wagon, and the internet has come up dry. So, I have no idea how the braking system actually works, I have ideas, but nothing concrete.  Here is some images so far.


Front-Side View
Rear-Side View
Front-Top View




Class "B" Oil tanker:

Honestly, since you last saw it in the group, r on the discord, nothing has changed.


The same ol' tank wagon for the past 3 days. 


For the GMod rail-car pack 2 of British cars, the SR 25 Ton pillbox Brake-Van will be in here as well, but it wont be remodeled like the dogfish was.

Also, all railcars have wheels, just not in the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment